Let’s do a Q&A!
1. What is your best childhood memory?
Spending the summer with my friend running around my mom’s work place. She taught at a technical school. We killed a lot of tad poles, climbed trees, caught grasshoppers and behaved like total delinquents because there was no adult supervision. I think the best part was no adult supervision.
2. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
Trust my own instinct and go to BCIT instead of University.
3. How did the two of you meet?
Shoppers Drug Mart. We were broke ass students who needed a part time job.
4. What do you feel most proud of?
Improving my EQ and becoming more self-aware. It has changed the way I interact with other and reduced a lot of miscommunication and pain. I’ll never be a natural at this but I think I’m getting much better.
5. What is your favorite music?
It really depends on my mood. I like everything from EDM to Jazz to R&B to Country. I can’t listen to one genre for too long or I’d get annoyed.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Japan. Food. Technology. People. Culture. Nature. Pretty girls. Makeup. I want to live there.
7. If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
My cell phone. Laptop. Dress pants. Dress shirt. Work bag. So I can get a fucking job and buy the rest of my shit.
8. What teacher in school made the most impact on you and why?
Mrs. Poletti at Queen Alexandra Elementary. She kicked me out of ESL and I ended up meet one of my best friend there. My best friend taught me how to be less of a dick, how to have social skills, and how to be a decent dancer.
9. What do you want your tombstone to say?
Here lies the biggest space cadet and argumentative human on the planet.
10. What was one of your most defining moments in life?
Tripping out on MDMA for the first time. It made me realized what truly matters to me in life. Money, freedom, and self-acceptance. It also reminded me that I used to be happy and spurred me to seek professional help for my depression.
11. Why did you choose that profession?
I don’t have a career/profession. I have entry level jobs because I needed money to pay my bills. I guess we can use graphic design as a profession – I like making things look visually appealing.
How do you spend your free time?
Reading, writing, shopping, spewing random facts and analyzing life until my fiance, friends, and family fall asleep, zone me out, or beg me to stop.
13. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Buy a shit ton of land. Turn them into energy efficient organic farms and sell the product at affordable prices. I will also be hiring people who are going through a hard time to help them get back on their feet. Lazy druggies are not allowed. There will be security and I’m not a bleeding heart.
14. Who do you most admire in life?
I admire a lot of people. Strong, competent people. Anyone that has gone through hardship but is still able to maintain his/her humanity, sense of humor, and kindness gets a lot of admiration from me.
15. What are your top three favorite books and why?
I’ll have to get back on this one. I have too many.
16. What are you most afraid of?
Damn. Everything. Being old with regrets. I don’t like living life with regrets. I want to do things and even if I bombed, at least I did them.
17. What feels like love to you?
Loyalty, honesty, and someone who has my best interest at heart. I hate liars and manipulators. I’m also very good at spotting them. I just pick my battles and have learned not to call people out on their discrepancies anymore.
18. What is your strongest personal quality?
I’ve been told I’m a good teacher. I can simplify complicated concepts and explain them in simple terms.
19. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Trying to walk in heels down the hallway in high school, slipped in front of a bunch of cute boys and they almost tripped over me. My crush was one of them. They were very nice and helped me up. But they were laughing hysterically. I stopped wearing heels for the rest of the year.
20. If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?
Damn…get rid of corruption in the government.
21. What age do you feel right now and why?
I noticed my thinking is closer to my 40-50 yrs old coworkers so I guess around there?
22. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Watch B play with our future kid(s). That would mean we’re both emotionally and financially ready to be parents. It’s not as easy as everyone seems to think it is for us. We’re very selfish people.
23. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
Computer programming. The two career paths that I day dreamed about were to be a detective or a hacker. Dad didn’t think being a hacker was appropriate.
24. What does a perfect day look like to you?
Breakfast, sunshine, ocean, coffee, a good book, alone. Then dinner at a fancy restaurant with B and sexy times after. I’m a simple girl.
25. How would your friends describe you?
Easy going. Free therapy. Honest. Funny. Blunt. Wild. Crazy. Badass. Feisty. Super smart. Argumentative. Spacey. Forgetful.
I did not make those up. They were words that the girls I hung out used to call me. One even yelled at me in class once saying something about keeping her out of my “evil plans”. She got in trouble for being my friend. For the life of me, I cannot remember what I did to get her in trouble.
If you made it to the end of the post, pick one or two and share yours with me 🙂